Switch To Prozac

TaraMc9

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has experience with switching to Prozac to treat their POTS. I've been on Lexapro for years. It worked pretty well for my POTS, but caused severe fatigue. I recently switched to Prozac because I was told it's more stimulating. I've only been on the Prozac for a week. At first, it was great. I noticed a huge difference in my fatigue level, but the past few days, my POTS symptoms have gotten a lot worse. I don't know if my body is just adjusting to the change in meds & I should wait it out or if I should switch back to the Lexapro. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Do you think it's possible that the initial decrease in fatigue was the Lexapro (which caused more fatigue) leaving your system? Having only been on the Prozac a week I would think you may need more time to adjust possibly. Every time I took similar meds my doc always said it takes 2 weeks before you may notice a difference or before you can tell if it helps. If you are tolerating the med ok then maybe giving it a little more time is worth a try.

I just switched to Prozac! Kind of bummed because my Effexor was a godsend, but it was causing me night terrors that made it impossible to sleep.

Prozac is stimulating for most people, it is working great for my fatigue so far. But this is my second time being on it and both times my POTS symptoms have gotten worse within the first couple of weeks on it, only to get better as time goes on. Prozac commonly causes start-up symptoms like dizziness and lightheadedness even in people without POTS, give it more time and I suspect it'll go away. If they're symptoms like that, it might not even really be POTS but just a POTS-like side effect.