Wellbutrin Info Needed :)

AllAboutPeace

I'd love to have any information you can share about your experience with Wellbutrin. My EP wants to start another med and I'm thinking I'd like to try Wellbutrin instead of an SSRI.

From everything I've heard, it seems like it might be a good fit for me. I have Pots/ NCS; low BP; resting bradycardia; fatigue; exercise intolerant, etc. I'm hoping it will help with energy levels.

My super helpful pharmacist printed off 22 pages of info for me, but I'd like to hear from fellow Potsies, if possible.

What is/was your overall experience?

Has anyone used Florinef and Wellbutrin together?

Has anyone experienced arrhythmias (other than tachy) with this med?

Any idea which is better - SR or XL ?

Any and all experience is appreciated ~ good or bad it's all good info! :)

Thanks, Jennifer! Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you - that sounds like a nasty response!

Were you able to find anything else helpful? Trying new meds is soo frustrating, especially after a few paradoxical or adverse reactions. It's like taking a deep breath and throwing the dice...you'll either have a positive outcome or an interesting story to tell. I don't think any of us need another crazy/riveting story...

We decided to wait it out with no new meds - just my beta blocker that I had been on. This was back in March. Symptoms are back now so I am seeing my EP next week. He will probably go with something similar to Wellbutrin but different chemically so as to not have another reaction. Possibly Zoloft? I'm still confused as to why anti-depressants work for blood pressure. If not the anti-depressant, he said florinef. I don't want either :(

I tried most all the SSRI's and SNRI's and couldn't tolerate them. Was afraid to try Wellbutrin because I'd had friends have bad reactions to it. I finally gave in and took it and it was probably the easiest med I've ever started. I was shocked.

For me the SR worked great. The XL when I tried it made me wake up every morning at exactly 4 am. Was talking to a friend who is a psychiatrist and he was able to explain the chemical difference between the two forms and why that could happen so I didn't feel totally crazy. Went back to SR and had no more issues with it.

I took florinef and Wellbutrin together for awhile but didn't care for florinef due to side effects. I've had palpitations and PVC's on the Wellbutrin but don't think it's related for various reasons.

My POTS neuro wasn't a fan of Wellbutrin when I started seeing him so he had me wean off it for several months. My POTS symptoms got much worse so he's now a believer in it for some people.

Good luck!