Low Blood Pressure Symptoms?

artluvr09

Earlier this week I checked my bp just for a random check and it was 90/60. I don't know if it is lower or not now because my moms bp machine isn't working right. for the past couple days I have been feeling more tired than usual. Today I just feel worse. I don't know if its from the superhot shower I took this morning, the shower was so hot steam was coming off my body and my skin was getting red but it was freezing in the house because we didn't have the heat on so I was cold. I have been feeling lightheaded, no energy, and I feel as if I can't concentrate on anything like if I look in the mirror I feel like I get really disoriented and my eyes can't focus. and I went to use the bathroom which is a different lighting than the kitchen and I felt like the light was yellower or something. my mom hasn't changed the lightbulbs but for osme reason the bathroom light bothered me today. Are these signs of low bp? the thing im mostly concerned about is feeling disoriented and not being able to focus my eyes on things.

Note: I did start atenolol like 3 weeks ago for migraine prevention and so my heart wont work as hard. I am taking a half of a 25 milligram pill a day.

Also I did notice when I was exercising my usual hour exercising I went to do downward facing dog and got woozy when I came up from out of the position.

On a different note I was wondering if anyone else with dysautonomia has issues with raynauds? I have raynauds and earlier in the year I noticed something different where my right hand would just turn purple. randomly. my neurologist was even puzzled.

Advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!!

Hi,

I just wanted to say that many of the symptoms you are experiencing are ones I commonly experience when my blood pressure is low. 90/60 was my blood pressure most of my life but with a beta blocker, it can fall way lower and then I feel dizzy, especially if I have been bending and get up, foggy brained, lightheaded. My eyes also bother me but I'm not sure what that is a symptom of, it may be the POTS itself.

You may need to retest your blood pressure and see if the atenolol is lowering it, very possible.

This is due to your low bp, when you bend and come back up with low bp it causes the woozy feeling.

Your bp is low. Atenolol also lowers BP and sounds like the culprit to me.

Increase fluids and salt, speak with your doc about the Atenolol.

But all your symptoms, low blood pressure. You may feel better on Florinef or Midodrine, especially if you need to be on a beta blocker.

the light sensitivity is probably due to overly dilated pupils. Since pupil dilation is regulated by the autonomic nervous system and people with POTS can't regulate our vitals, a lot of us are photosensitive. I can't think of a connection between low blood pressure and light sensitivity, it sounds like just another pots symptom.