New Discovery: Article Describing A Mechanism That Causes Firbromyalgia

MightyMouse

For those who may be interested, here's an interesting article describing, for the first time, a cause of fibromyalgia. While there still may be other causes (like there are for dysautonomia), at least for those with THIS cause may have treatment paths figured out in the future.

http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/steps-authentic-happiness-positive-psychology/2013/oct/17/fibromyalgia-solved-pathology-not-mind/

Sure. I've had muscle aches and pains since early childhood, and also constantly complained that I felt overheated when everyone else was clearly comfortable.

Very interesting article. Thanks for posting the link Mighty Mouse. I have a fibro diagnosis and severe thermoregulation problems so I found the information of particular interest. It's great to see some advancements in research and understanding of such a poorly understood and complex condition.

Janet

Isn't it nice to have a little validation that it's not a psychological problem? It's physiological...and hopefully, the research will help to create treatments that work well.... a girl can hope

Wonder if this doesn't apply to a lot of us even without a fibromyalgia diagnosis- especially if you have pain that migrates. So many of us have temperature regulation problems and have issues with cold hands/feet etc which would seem to indicate that the vascular system isn't working well (aside from the obvious blood pooling). It gets chalked off to "dysautonomica" but wonder if it's not specifically related to this AV shunt mechanism aspect of the autonomic system?

I can't remember the last time I recorded a "normal" temperature on a thermometer personally.

Thanks for posting.