Question Time

Faintinggoat

So has anyone else experienced this? I'm not sure if its brain fog or what. But before I pass out, I get really spacey. I don't realize this is going on, in fact, I don't really know what is going on at all. I pop in and out of these spacey episodes. Before I was diagnosed with the POTS they thought that it might be Absence Seizures because of this. Does anyone else experience this? I also stay pretty spacey for a while after I regain consciousness, but that's pretty common after fainting.

Fainting Goat

I get something like that when my blood sugar is low. I find myself intensely focused on one thing(like reading) and everything else, like the tv noise, I am totally unaware of. At some point, it dawns on me that I'm at this point and have to rush to get glucose and then food. I've never had this in my life before until my really low glucose levels. When I am not low, I read, but listen to the tv, etc., all at the same time.

I dont know if this is the same thing or not but I have episodes where I am "lost" literally. I can not remember hours where apparently I did things and talked to people and made no sense. Once it was so bad I was taken to the ER because I was so confused and my family had to convince me they were taking me camping just to get me in the car lol. I remember nothing. Not even being in the ER. I remember the next morning in the hospital. That's all. They felt (after testing) it was lack of oxygen to my brain causing it.

Is this similar to what you go thru? Now that I am on oxygen full time I rarely have these episodes. I sure hope yours get better!

Sue - For me my brain get's slow, but so does my body. I don't really focus on anything in particular, I'm just gone.

KareBear - That's pretty somewhat similar, except I don't really do things. I pop in and out of these episodes, sorta, where I'm kind of aware for a few seconds or minutes, and then pop back into them. I don't talk or do anything.

Margie - that makes sense to me. My doctors never really said it was all part of the pre-syncope but it makes sense to me that it would be. My brain is usually completely gone. And while I don't really do anything, my body does act a little weird as well (e.g., I've been told, I hardly blink, I hold my breath, etc.)

Thank you all for your responses,

Fainting Goat