Can Atenolol Cause Crankiness

artluvr09

I have been taking atenolol for 3 days now. I am taking a half of a 25 mligram dose. I have been feeling weird, really cranky, agitated, and my asthma is acting up my cough has been worse. I feel so ansy, agitated and can't relax right now. Is it the atenolol? I have no reason to feel this way so I do not know what is causing it. Does atenolol cause hypoglycemia? I remember I used to take celexa for anxiety but that caused me to get hypoglycemia so I stopped taking it. I hope this medicine doesn't cause it. What are your experiences and opinions on atenolol?

When my dr/pharmacist are unavailable, my go-to website for side effects and drug interactions is www.drugs.com

I have no experience with atenolol, but I remember having some weird mood swings while on metoprolol. Also, some - if not all beta blockers - are known to aggravate asthma.

Hopefully someone who has some experience with atenolol will chime in and help you more.