Gastroparesis

I have gastroparesis and thats what I had my worst problems with.

I later presented with dysautonomia symptoms which all makes sense now.

I had 1 hour gastric emptying scan came back at half emptying time of 150 min. But also had a scope and had ensure in my stomach that I had drank hours earlier.

Good luck with the test.

Hi CarrieJessica,

Gastroparesis is a problem I am challenged with. I have had two gastric empty scans done. A 90 minute one done locally then a 6 hour one done while at Mayo. The testing is pretty easy to get through. You are given a meal to consume that has radioactive material in it and then imaging is done periodically to assess your GI motility. As with everything else we deal with the severity of this problem varies a lot from one day to the next. I am on a low fat, low/med fiber diet. I have found anything I ingest that increases the work load on my stomach not only has a negative effect on motility but increases postprandial pooling so I have to be really careful about what I eat. It's helpful to check out a gastroparesis website for some info on dietary guidelines to follow. I hope your testing goes well and you get the answers you need.

Janet