Big Autonomic Appointment Tomorrow

Freaked

So after five months of feeling really sick, being housebound, getting bounced out of hospitals and called crazy quite a few times, I finally have my appointment with the only autonomic clinic in the country tomorrow. It's in the centre of the city and I hope we'll actually be able to get there at rush hour, but I've heard good things about it on this forum and elsewhere. I was lucky I got an appointment so fast due to my severe symptoms; a year's wait isn't unusual. And it's public too, so all the tests and consultations should be free. Which is good cos my parents have spent a lot of money, and I'm in serious medical debt, can't work atm and am due to be finishing my degree next year.

This has literally been my light at the end of the tunnel over these past months. I'm writing a symptom list tonight and all my friends are wishing this goes well. If it doesn't...it'll make things a lot harder, and they're hard enough. So here's to hoping I'm fairly symptomatic tomorrow :-P

Guest Hanice

Oh man I'm so happy for you freaked! That place sounds amazing! I hope you can get all the answers you need to fix you.. Sometimes being extremely nervous makes my symptoms go away, so try not to get nervous please. I also have an appointment the day after yours and I'm already nervous! Let's cross our fingies for good appointments. Hugs!

Good luck with your appointment! Hope you get some answers and keep us posted.

Thanks so much for the good wishes!

Well had my ttt and most deffo POTS (heartrate went from 75 to 145 without any provoking agent), but it turns out they don't like diagnosing POTS here. Instead they diagnosed me with a tendency towards orthostatic hypotension with fast heart as a response mechanism (so, POTS precisely). Anyway, they put me on fludrocortisone or whatcha call it so I suppose I don't much care what name they put on it as long as they treat it.

Feeling pretty icky after my ttt. Stood for forty minutes and didn't pass out but felt disgusting with my heart pounding the whole time. Towards the end I broke out in an all-body sweat and got super hot but felt more conscious (confirming my suspicions of hyper-pots to me). Then I crashed, as I told them I would, got freezing and they couldn't find a vein to take blood from. Bit worried now, as some of my scariest eps were post-exertional. But I suppose it had to be done.

Finally some medical help and I wasn't called totally crazy :-)