Sleepy

gertie

Is being sleepy a part of Dys? I've never napped through the day but for the last month every time I sit down I fall asleep. I feel so sluggish. I'm usually opposite & can't sleep.

My blood test showed my TSH to be on the high side & my T3 is borderline low. How can both hyper & hypo thyroid be treated at the same time? What a mess to be in.

thanks.

Ive had weird thyroid numbers too. Have you done a.m. saliva cortisol?

But yeah, i get sleepy. Probably partly the disease. Partly the lifestyle of no

caffeine and no working full time.

Also, cant excercise as much as i want.

One solution is to get moving, and keep your environment very cool

I believe high TSH and low T3 are both indicative of hypothyroidism. They have an inverse relationship to each other. I'm on my phone so I can't link anything for you but I just looked it up and that's the info I found on several sites. The Google search I used was "normal thyroid ranges". That could definitely make you tired. My mom has Hashimoto's and when her thyroid gets too low she is very fatigued.but, dysautonomia can do it too.

Alicia,

I believe your numbers are "right" so to speak. That's how the thyroid works. When the T3 is low, the pituitary gland is going to produce more TSH. As Katie said above, a low T3 is usually a sign of hypothiroidism, but there is also something called "low T3 syndrome" that I remember reading about. You may want to look into that.

Alex

I have had Hashimoto's since my late 20's. The first sign was elevated TSH. As others have said TSH elevates when your thyroid levels are too low. I hope you can see a doctor soon who can determine a treatment plan.

For me the challenge as been at times, the correct synthroid dosage. My doctor has had to adjust it many times. I think it would be important for whoever treats you to be aware of your POTS diagnosis and the symptoms. I go to an endocrinologist, not a gp for thyroid treatment.