My Gastroparesis And Decreased Gi Motility Is Positional

I was diagnosed with POTS about 6 months ago. That led to EDS Classical diagnosis which was never an issue until the POTS came along. Also have Hashimotos.

I didnt develop Gastroparesis and slow motility until recently. Funny thing is my stomach and guts start working as soon as I lay down. This clearly argues to me that its related to the dysautonomia.

Anyone else have this? Does anything work besides laying down? I work a full schedule and taking a few minutes to lay down at the office really isnt that feasible.

Thanks

My gi tract doesn't stop completely when sitting or upright. BUT, if I have has build-up, alot of time sitting or standing seems to keep it from moving. Laying down, the gas bubbles begin gurgling through the many feet of intestines. When I am super bloated, I will lay on my side and that helps things move. I can't lie on my back, as it feels like something in my upper abdomen is cutting off my circulation.

Funny thing is my stomach and guts start working as soon as I lay down.

Anyone else have this?

Thanks

Yes, I have this. When i lay down, my kidney also goes back to its normal position. Ive read in a few places that dropped kidneys can cause colitis, constipation, appendicitis, ovarian problems, etc because whatever the kidney is sitting on gets irritatied and when the kidney goes back to its normal place teh pressure is relieved and irritation stops.