Fibro/cfs Question

Soooo, I’m going to try to make this short, ha, ha, ha, as if…

I’d like for someone to help me try to understand what’s going on. I have a question about muscle soreness. I have read a bunch about Fibro/CFS, but still don’t know if that’s what I have or not. Here’s my story…

I get soooo sore from the littlest things it seems. The other day, the left side of my neck was sore to the touch. Of course, my mind jumps directly to my carotid artery as I’m touching/slightly pressing on area of soreness. Then, I realized that the day before I was looking to the right for a bit, kinda straining and then it hit me, I was sore from looking to the right. Now, it’s three days later and the area is still sore to the touch and when I move my head to the right.

Yesterday, I was in the pool and had my hands gripping the coping and my feet up on the wall, just hanging out, not straining or doing anything, just trying to enjoy the sun and the cool water. Today, I wake up and my shoulders are so sore as well as the insides of my thighs.

I do get arthritis type pain in my joints from past injuries, but don’t have any swelling that I can notice. I just don’t understand why I can do the slightest thing and the next morning I wake up and literally have to hobble to the restroom like I’m 80. I just don’t get it.

I must tell you that I can be rather lazy; however before getting sick 4+ years ago, I was quite active. It can’t possibly because I’m out of shape or can it? I’m only 43, 5’9”, and weigh 145lbs. and I still have muscle tone. I guess I just can’t imagine a normal person (not that I'm "normal" by any stretch of the imagination) getting so sore after doing so little.

So, my question is to those that have Fibro/CFS. Could I have this? I’ve read the Mayo articles on it, but I just don’t know. What type of pain do you experience? Is it all the time? Does it wax and wane? The pain I feel is not excruciating, it’s tolerable, just annoying and nonstop. I can’t even clean the tub without feeling the effects for days. It just makes me feel like I don’t want to do anything physical for fear of being sore for days after.

Any insight would be appreciated. Feel free to even tell me that I’m a baby and to buck up, maybe that’s what I need to do anyway!

Much appreciated,

Bebe

I have CFS and get sore easy. I also have a spot in my chest that swells, especially when a storm is coming or just rainy days, or if I do to much in a day it swells. In past years my pain would get quite intense all over, even my skin hurt. I lived on motrin. But it seems with my diet changes (anti inflammatory type diet) my pain is much more tolerable. I rarely take pain reliever now, although I use a heating pad quite often for my soreness,especially when that thing in my chest swells(I was actually given a name for it by an ER doc when I went in for chest pain years ago, but I can't remember what it was). My pain used to wax and wane depending on inflammation. Such as around my period, it was like bad all over flu aches. I really believe my gluten-free, low dairy diet has helped the dramatic change. I also drink tart cherry juice every day and almond milk.Tart cherries and Almonds are suppose to be a good anti-inflammatory foods. Have you been on the CFS websites? I know it all overlaps, it's hard to figure out. I think I mentioned in another post that the Doctor that diagnosed mine looked for old viruses still in my blood, besides my symptoms. I'm not sure if that's how they all do it, and I don't know how they diagnose Fybro.

Hope you find some answers.