Sudden Onset Chemical Sensitivities

After all of my pots symptoms started in 2007 I became allergic to MSG and any type of free glutamate also very sensitive to many medications and most foods that had pesticides on them. Prior to this I had no allergies no sensitivities. Just wondering who else had sudden onset allergies to chemicals or sensitivities to foods.

Yes this is a problem that started about 11 years ago and has steadily grown worse. Food wise I have to eat low salicylate, no amine, no glutamate and many grains are out for me too. Have to be careful really really careful with flavours )natural ones as well as artificial ones ). And I'm anaphylactic to aspirin, anaphylactoid reaction to something we don't know what.. Less dramatically allergic to other meds. Lots of meds cause 'adverse reactions' which are no party.

You think I'd be really skinny but I'm fat. This is because I can eat high fat dairy foods and sugar. In fact, sugar and salt are the only flavour enhancers I can tolerate, it seems. And I use them liberally or my 'diet' would be so bland I'd have died of boredom by now. I can't eat out. I have to make everything I eat although occasionally I can go to a café and have some poached eggs on sourbread toast with butter and a weak coffee - that is now my only 'dining experience.' And that has gotten boring over the past 10 years too.

My diet keeps my skin from being sore most of the time but not always. But it has caused me to have another health problem -- obesity because of high fat and sugar. Something that was not a problem until about a decade ago. I've managed to get my weight down a couple of times but I always end up putting it back on and then some. I used to eat so healthy and exercise like a crazy woman.

I even thought about taking up smoking again as I know I would probably lose weight by smoking but the health consequences are dire from smoking.

blue

I have "sensitivities" not allergies but they are as follows: strawberries, high fructose corn syrup, tomato sauce, sulfates, acidic foods (lemonade, coffee, etc), high fiber foods (beans, kale, etc), soy products and tofu, most antibiotics, and MSG

these mostly popped up out of nowhere, they cause a variety of symptoms from stomach upset to mouth ulcers. None of it ramps up my POTS symptoms and I can "cheat" a little bit so its not a severe thing. Basically food intolerances. But my doctors have basically said I'm just "sensitive", my gut is sensitive and the rest of my body is also. No answers other than that.

I have this problem too, mostly just with medications and supplements though. I only had one drug allergy before getting POTS (a year ago) and now all of a sudden I can't tolerate anything. My POTS came on after some sort of viral illness - I was given a bunch of antibiotics at first when they couldn't figure out what was wrong, no problem, then suddenly a month later couldn't take the same drugs.

I have no idea what causes it or what to do about it - I've asked a few doctors and none of them have any ideas. One actually refused to keep seeing me as a patient because he didn't want to indulge my "medication anxiety". One suggested I had "leaky guy". He put me on a diet to improve gut inflammation and gave me a supplement but the diet made me significantly worse and I had an allergic reaction to the supplement, so now I gave up on that and I'm back where I started!

I wish I had better advice to you but I have no idea what the answer is. I hope you have better luck in finding a solution!