Dr. Steven J. Shook At Cleveland Clinic

Has anyone on this board seen Dr. Steven J. Shook at the Cleveland Clinic? I was told that he is a neurologist there that sees patients with autonomic dysfunction. I haven't been able to find any info about him on this board or even much online but his schedule is the only one that would line up with Dr. Jaeger's schedule. I saw a different neurologist there during my first visit but since I had to see whoever had an opening which ended up being one that specialized in treating MD and MS so they weren't much help. Any input would be appreciated.

Sorry, I haven't heard of him. I just got back from CC, yesterday. Almost every doctor I have seen there (3 visits so far) has been very kind. I just have yet to get answers. I guess I can look at the fact that many things have been crossed off the list.

I have only heard of one negative experience with one neurologist from a friend and it was not the name you mentioned. If you want info about that one, just pm me.

I hope you have a great experience. I did see Dr. Jager and he was really nice and felt like he really listened, but after seeing him and having the tests in his department I have not been able to contact him or know what he would like to do next. I guess he is busy and the nurses guard him because of it. I did get a letter with the results, but I feel like it needs to be explained further. I am also seeing a internal medicine doctors, she is part of what is called National Consult. They kind of keep your case together and talk to all the doctors you see.

Just frustrating I am really having so bad problems and it is the hurry up and wait. They took more blood (nine vials) and reviewing all my old tests on discs. But I feel like I am struggling to not get worse with no help. :(

Someone on this board did say that CC is a good place to get diagnosis but then you take and get treated elsewhere. Not sure if this is true or not.

I will say I am frustrated on some suggestions. I have been told to salt load, even though I have high bp. Also to use the compression socks, even though I told them the one time I tried them my bp skyrocketed (one hyper pots patient told me they do not work for hyper pots). Oh and a nurse put the wrong medication in so they thought I was taking a water pill and I am not! They also want me to go off one medication, even though I told them this is the one which seems to be keeping the bp lower. Sigh...

That saying at least they are still testing