Morning Arrhythmia?

I haven't been able to figure out what causes it. But a couple times a month I'll wake up feeling super brain foggy and in about 10 minutes I feel a crazy fluttering in my chest. I'll feel my heart and it's being extremely erratic and I get light headed.

Like: beat 3 times in 1 second then pause for 2 seconds, then beat again, then beat again 1 second later, then beat twice, then pause, etc.

I've had an ultrasound of my heart, several ECGs, 24hr holter monitor, 30 day holter monitor. They all assure me that nothing is wrong. But even still: when this happens I have the phone in my hand with 911 dialed up where all I need to do is click send if I feel myself passing out when this happens.

It resolves itself in a couple minutes. But even still..... It's not a great experience.

Does anyone else have this? Or anything like it? Mine only happens in the mornings. It will *occasionally* happen in the evenings, but not as bad as mornings.

Firstly Snowdrifter, sorry you are going through this. I have something similar that wakes about 5 days out of 7, although when I take my pulse, all seems fine. I wake usually from a very vivid dream state and it feels like I'm trembling on the inside. I absolutely hate it and it scares me, and unfortunately I'm kinda used to it now. Doesn't happen all the time.Don't know if it is an adrenaline rush or what. So confusing. I'm going to bring it up to my dr. but I don't think he'll have much to say about it. Let us know if you find anything out. I know that there have been others on here that experience this type of thing.

Be well,

Bebe

So sorry you are experiencing this. From what you are describing, it sounds like you are having couplets and triplets )sinus beat, then 2 or 3 PVCs in a row), but to be really sure they have to be captured by a Holter or event recorder. I had my share of palps and only found out I was having bigeminy (and could put a name to it!! - so sinus beat, PVC, sinus beat, PVC, etc.) after it was captured on a monitor. I found if I drink plenty before I get up to be helpful. Have you talked to your physician about this? BTW, I was told those a benign.

So sorry you are experiencing this. From what you are describing, it sounds like you are having couplets and triplets )sinus beat, then 2 or 3 PVCs in a row), but to be really sure they have to be captured by a Holter or event recorder. I had my share of palps and only found out I was having bigeminy (and could put a name to it!! - so sinus beat, PVC, sinus beat, PVC, etc.) after it was captured on a monitor. I found if I drink plenty before I get up to be helpful. Have you talked to your physician about this? BTW, I was told those a benign.

I have talked to the doc about it. He dismisses it then starts bringing up that I'm just having a panic attack because I'm checking my heart rate. It's like... Well... No... What would you do if you felt a funky feeling in your chest and felt like you were going to pass out? I think any normal person would get a bit spooked.

I had a really bad episode of that today. Heart rate went up to 194 then slowed wayy down(didn't check it, but it was low). Then my vision got dim and I couldn't hear. Ears were ringing for about an hour after. Going to bring up the issue again with the doc when I go in for a follow up in a couple weeks. Sinus beats or not, there is no way I can believe that's normal. I'll keep you all posted