A New Problem, Dizzy And Vertgio Spells

I woke up twice during the night feeling that the bed was spinning. I thought, oh no, this is new. When I got out of bed, the dizziness did not stop but got worse. I checked my blood sugar and BP/HR. All were normal. Nausea and stomach pain got real bad too.

Anyone get these dizzy spells? I had some pressure and discomfort in my ears but think that was from almost fainting.

I am staying on the couch today.

I'm sorry youre experiencing this too. I have these spells about 4 times per year. Lifting my head from my pillow makes the room spin like mad. For me these spells last about 3 days and I can't leave my bed (not even to use the bathroom), eating and drinking is done by raising the head of my bed a few centimeters reeeaaaly slowly. I think I've measured bp and hr but can't remember the outcome right now, so not sure what is causing the spells. Just know that I really hate them. Like you I usually notice during the night that I'm in trouble again.

For me I think it's a dys thing, having said that there are more diseases that cause dizzy spells of course!

YES!

recently went through this. (for about two weeks)

One of the days it was so challenging, lifting head off pillow was tough, being in a car? really really really hard. Nausea included.

(BP was within range and sugars too for me)

We added more table salt to meals and between nausea drank electrolyte water. (nuun tabs)

Thanks everyone. It was one of the weirdest feelings. To be waken up feeling like the bed was flipping. I am trying to get in fluids today. I have gastroparesis too, so the nausea is even worse along with horrible stomach and chest pain. Dehydration is such a problem for me. I did notice that my heart has been beating irregular today, not the first time. I did have an abnormal EKG in the ER last year. had some tests done on my heart and it was fine, did have some irregular beats and other things, but nothing to explain the abnormal EKG. So can't wait to go to Vancerbilt. I am wondering if they will do more tests while I am there since I am getting worse. Dropping weight and these weird dizzy spells along with near fainting spells. I thought we are going to have to call EMS to transport me to the hospital. Still may happen.

I have had these types of problems for years. I have had those intense spinning ones that have woken me up but(knock on wood...) they go away fast. I started to think that maybe it had to do with my blood pressure crashing while I was sleeping and my body spewing adrenaline or something to correct it. However, sometimes, I get other types that last for longer periods of time and sometimes I am off balance for days or more.

I have been told two things that make some sense, atypical migraine and Benign Positional Vertigo. I do not get headaches often, however, I have been assured by some very good neurologists that vestibular migraine and it's symptoms do not have to include head pain and the symptoms can come and go and don't always need to progress into the path of a typical migraine. I have had some MRI's that have shown signs(punctate foci) that I have migraines and I have had abnormal EEGs that show that I am either prone to migraines or epilepsy(the doctors seem to rule out epilepsy) but I'm finally going to see a neurologist who specializes in dysautonomia and I am very excited to see if these are things he has seen in his past POTS patients(say that one ten times fast ;-)

I also tend to get BPV once in a while and that will be a different dizzy/of balance feeling, It is more continuous and can last for days weeks months...This of course is all on top of, or including, normal POTS dizziness/faintness! Needless to say, dizziness was one of the first things that brought me to the doctors, all those years ago. I'm glad you brought this topic up and I will be watching to see if anyone else has more insights into this stuff!

I experience this regularly and have been told that it is part of the lightheadedness I experience due to POTS. This has always been my primary symptom. When I experience it while laying in bed I usually try to drink a glass of water or two (I keep glasses of water next to my bed) and this usually helps enough to get me up and moving.

Also, medications that have affected me poorly almost always cause this symptom, so if you have been taking any new meds that could possibly be the root cause. Even antibiotics that I can't tolerate cause me dizzyness and lightheadedness, even though it isn't even a listed side effect for them.