Little To No Reflexes??

I saw my EDS PTist yesterday to finish my eval. When she tested my reflexes I expected my left leg not to respond due to the spine issues (previous microdisectomy and buldging discs) but she could not get ANY of my reflexes to respond properly, some not at all and most very little.

She had me close my eyes, still nothing.

I posted on the EDS forum and got some good answers there but one lady said it might be due to dysautonomia. Do any of you have diminished reflexes? What if anything does that mean?

Thanks,

Kris

I tend to have very hyper reflexes and have always wondered what that means. Doctors have asked me if I'm always like that so......I wonder if hypo or hyper reflexes are some sort of clue. Some days I wish everyone on this forum could meet with a panel of experts and together hammer some of these issues out or at least get some great minds thinking!

My mom has had back/spine issues for years, including a bulging disc (I'm not sure whether it was herniated) that has given her significant weakness in one leg. She has no reflex response in that leg. She was told it's due to the disc/nerve damage. Not much info, but I hope it helps a bit!

Guest maia

I was reading about the difference between large and small fiber neuropathy and learned that loss of reflex can be seen in large fiber neuropathy. Have you had an EMG?

Why an emg? I have been diagnosed with small fiber neuropathy and polyneuropathy and had an emg attempted. The smallest impulse had me screaming and nearly jumping off the table. They had to stop the test and determined nothing. I also used to have very exaggerated reflexes, now next to nothing.

Some days I wish everyone on this forum could meet with a panel of experts and together hammer some of these issues out or at least get some great minds thinking!

That would be wonderful! How do we arrange it?