Mcas How To Diagnose ?

They also check PGD2 and Heparin, besides 24 hour urine tests. Even if those come back negative, you still might have MCAS because there are still so many things they don't have tests for yet. Dermagraphism(sp?) is another sign. When the doctor scratched my sons back, it left a red welt for approx. 15 minutes.

Even if my son's tests came back negative, Dr Afrin was pretty sure he had MCAS based on the symptoms, the dermagraphism and history. His tests came back positive, so we had a definitive answer.

Achilles, we have had lots of topics on this. You might want to try the search box on top of this page. Just type 24 hour urine test and you will find all the info you need. I don't know how sick you are but this just takes little effort, you can pick out the answers you need. Good luck!

Guest Alex

Achilles,

check out the latest newsletter on dinet's main page. It has a whole section on MCAS.

Also if you do a typical web search for MCAS diagnosis criteria, you should find lots of helpful info.

Alex

Please search the forum for answers... they are already there for nearly all of the questions you've asked in this topic and others.