Eye Problems??

Agreeky,

At night when I turn the light off, my eyes will flicker for a while. Then once the closed eye hallucinations begin it feels like waves of darkness coming over my field of vision. It is darker than the darkness in the room. Now some people online say they see colors and I do sometimes, but I mostly just see black darkness moving across my vision. I try to position myself in a way so I can see light through the crack in the door and it will cover up light and actually block objects in the room! It can be claustrophobic feeling and scary. I have not had this my whole life, so something has changed within the past year or so.

The first 30 seconds of this video is what I see, but it's not a cool color. There have been times I've seen a really pretty purple or yellow, but that is pretty rare! It will keep repeating the same motion over and over again like waves crashing. Sometimes I do feel like I'm losing it...lol :D

Seattle Chris- I get the same thing you described. The blurry vision and yet you can still see. I get this more in the morning, sometimes right after I get up, sometimes a few hours afterwards. It is usually just one eye, usually the left, but it can happen occasionally the right. My eyes also are always bloodshot, but when I am flaring or this vision thing happens they get extremely red. It doesn't matter if I have gotten enough sleep or not.

I have been to the regular eye doctor and they say my vision is fine and they didn't seem to care about the issues as long as I can see their chart. I figure unless it gets worse, I will add it to the list of odd things my body now does.

• 4 years later...