Tell Me About Tachacardia Please

I have high NE levels. I am weaning off an SNRI because I think it's making my flushing and vertigo worse when I exercise.

Last night I had that vibrating feeling we talked about a lot while trying to sleep. This time my heart felt like it was racing too and out wasnt slowing down. Finally around 3:00 am I took my bp. It was 142\100 with a heart rateof 96.

I had been trying to sleep without success. Is this tachacardia?

A normal resting heart rate is 60-100 bpm so 96 wouldn't be considered tachycardia. However, whenever my hr is in the 90's I also feel like it's beating too fast, especially while trying to sleep. But a bp of 142/100 is pretty high and I would imagine that would make you feel strange. I can't speak from experience on that since my bp tends to run really low. I hope this helps answer your question.

Guest Alex

Kriss,

if you're not used to a HR of 96 it can be quite disturbing, particularly when you're trying to sleep. I believe the term tachycardia isn't technically used until you reach 100 bpm. Margiebee is right - the awareness of one's heart beats is what people call 'palpitations'.

That BP of yours is quite high though. Can it be that you re experiencing some withdrawal from the SNRI?

You made me curious about another thing now - I haven't read all your posts so I am not sure what you mean but - what vibrating feeling is that you're taking about? I've been dealing with some 24/7 tunning-forks-against-my-bones type of sensation lately ...and the nerve conduction study that I had the other day only made things worse. I wonder if it's some inappropriate release of adrenaline?!

Alex

Thanks for the replies everyone. I am not used to my hr being that high. I have hyper pots and my bp runs high, it's been 158/108 lately (I didn't realize that I had not put my clonidine in my weekly medicine case and had missed both doses for a week before I figured it out) so the 140/100 didn't freak me out although I was a bit concerned that it was that high while trying to sleep for hours. I honestly think it's a combo of coming off the SNRI and just a lot of anxiety, too much has gone on this week and I'm not handling it well.

Alex - I had posted something a while ago (sorry I can't remember what I called it but if you go to my profile it should be there) about this weird vibrating feeling I get when I am sleeping. It will wake me out of sleep. The first time it happened I thought we were having an earthquake. The next time I thought my dog was on the bed scratching. Finally I realized it was ME vibrating internally.

Oddly, when I submitted my post asking if others had expirienced this phenomenon SO many people said YES! Most were afraid to bring it up because they thought they were imagining it. Some have it while awake but it seemed that most noticed it while sleeping or falling asleep.

I am still having this problem. I have learned to acknowledge it but not freak out about it and go back to sleep. I'm not sure what it is, I do think it has to do with the high NE levels.

Guest Alex

Kris,

Thanks for getting back to me.

It's such a weird feeling, but I'm not freaking out about it anymore.

I suspected some hormones being inappropriately released, but I had my catecholamines checked several times and my epi and norepi levels were always normal - my dr says I have hypovolemic POTS ?!

I will look for that post you made particularly since you got a lot of feedback.

Best to you,

Alex