Cardiac Insufficiency In Me/cfs

Hi everyone, I'd like to let you know that although there are a few lines giving you the ability to buy video's (which we usually do not allow) we thought the info in this video is good and free which made us decide to keep this one up. Hope you'll enjoy it!

I enjoyed this video. It seems to make sense. I hope that he is on to something and research will prove a good response. Interestingly, he is doing a lot of the same things my doc is doing with me and it does seem to be making a difference. This is a long video - but, worth listening to the end. Some interesting ideas and quite different from the main-stream way of looking at things.

Issie

I've never really thought that this theory explains many of the findings in CFS. Why would a cohort of CFS patients respond to ritixumab if it was merely all the result of cardiac insufficiency?

It's a long video - almost 2 hours. But, he addresses this in the video. He talks about autoimmune components and blood flow issues and how diastolic dysfunction can cause some of the issues involved here. He also talks about different types of people, the type that he feels will respond to what he is suggesting, are the ones that have pain along with their problems. He talks about himself and how he responded with his own immune system when his blood flow was restored because of having a heart transplant. He said what happens when people fidget and/or put their legs up vs. saline infusions and the amount of volume increased with both things. I find a lot of what he talked about interesting. There were a few things that I questioned however. But, I haven't done research on those things yet - so won't comment on them. What he talks about is all theory - he keeps saying that over and over. But, he is trying to have studies done to try to prove some of the things he is talking about. I don't know if he will prove it all as fact - but, it is an "out of the box" type thinking and time will prove whether or not what he is thinking will prove true or not.

• 2 weeks later...

This is such a dense video with SO much information in it. I keep watching it over and over trying to absorb it because it's fascinating.

He states in here that "normal" people, when they do a maximum breath hold will have a 6-7 percentage point decrease in O2 sats as they build up CO2. Has anybody else tried this with their O2 sat monitor? He says only 10% of his patients were "normal" and 50% of his patients had 0-1 point movement downward. He contends it's because his patients have lost the ability to unload O2 from the hemoglobin in the blood for a variety of possible reasons.

When I tried this with my O2 monitor, my O2 sat rises when I hold my breath as long as I possibly can. I recently had some cardiopulmonary stress tests done that also showed similar results...that I have plenty of O2 in my blood but my muscles aren't taking it up and I'm just breathing it right back out again.

Wonder how much that plays into the breathlessness that so many of us have at times as well?