Hyperthyroidism

bebe127

Interesting tidbit I just found while going over previous bloodwork. My Thyroglobulin was 46.2 ng/mL and listed as high on my results. The normal range is 2.0-35.0 ng/mL. Mine is elevated a bit more than 10 points and the dr. didn't point this out as to being an issue. Although I just looked it up online and HELLO...I have every symptom (I've underlined mine below) with the exception of the puffiness around eyes, dryness, irritation and bulging.

What to do? Obviously, I'm going to talk this over with dr. next week. Do any of you have elevated thyroglobulin? Is mine considered high? As most of you know, I've questioned my dx. of POTS for a while and now I find this. Is is possible that I have hyperthyroidism and that is what is causing my issues, they sure seem like some of the same symptoms as POTS to me???

UGH...will this ever end???

• Hyperthyroidism: too much thyroid hormone; sometimes called "overactive thyroid;" acceleration of body functions; symptoms include increased heart rate, anxiety, weight loss, difficulty sleeping, tremors in the hands, weakness, and sometimes diarrhea. There may be puffiness around the eyes, dryness, irritation, and, in some cases, bulging of the eyes. The affected person may experience light sensitivity and visual disturbances. Because the eyes may not move normally, the person may appear to be staring. (LabTestsOnline.org)

BTW, this was another article I found about hyperthyroidism in which case, I have all but maybe three of the symptoms. Makes me wanna go hmmmm....

http://www.endocrineweb.com/conditions/hyperthyroidism/hyperthyroidism-overactivity-thyroid-gland-0

Tell me what y'all thing or if any of you have had experience with this. Thank you in advance.

Be well :)

Ok, I have been beating this drum with doctors for years...my antibodies are really high however since everything else seems normal they say it is all fine. I also have multiple nodules which are checked for cancer but are fine. Last ultrsound had shown the right side had shrunk..the report said perhaps due to hyperfunctioning nodules...was told no. As I get weeker and worse with each passing month..yet never feel sleepy????? Bebe ..let me know what your doctor thinks.

Angelloz,

I don't even know if 46.2 is considered high, only that the dr. didn't make mention of it as being a problem. I forgot to mention that during one of my first exams, the dr. noted that my thyroid was enlarged. Hmmmm....In my recent reading as well, I read that one of the treatments for hyperthyroidism is to take BB which I'm already on, but still have many of the symptoms. Again...Hmmmm! I wish I didn't have to do all the legwork on finding a dx. I really thought that that is why one hires a DOCTOR!!! I'll keep you posted. BTW, thanks for the response :)

Be well :)