Heart Palpitations Waking Me Up

houswoea

Hi everyone! Trying to decide if this is a problem or just new. For about a month, at night I will be sleeping when I dream I'm drowning or falling or crying really hard or running and it will wake me up.... It feels like I have been holding my breath, but my heart isn't racing, it's just thumping really hard, very slowly.

I mean, I've had six million ECGs, once upon a time I had a sleep study. No arrythmias (just pots). I'm not stressed about anything, so I'm thinking that maybe it will just go away.

Sounds like you're experiencing bradycardia: "Bradycardia is a slower than normal heart rate. The heart usually beats between 60 and 100 times a minute in an adult at rest. If you have bradycardia (brad-e-KAHR-de-uh), your heart beats fewer than 60 times minute." ~Mayo Clinic Not really all too sure what you can do about it unfortunately. I do experience this from time to time and then my heart will seem to pound real hard a few times like my brain is saying, get pumping you lazy heart! Wish I could be of more help. I would mention it to your dr. and see what he/she has to say.

Best wishes to you :)