L-Tyrosine

I've tried nearly everything. LOL! You have to be really careful with this as it can affect your thyroid function - can boost it. If you have an over-active thyroid it could make it worse. I don't remember what it did to me as far as POTS goes - but, it must have not impressed me because I didn't keep taking it. (This was years ago. So don't remember much about my response.)

But, if you look at the benefits that it gives - it appears that it might be useful for some types of POTS people. Something to take a look at for sure.

Issie

The cardiologist and I have had a discussion on L-Tyrosine. The shake mix that I get from GNC has this amino acid plus the other essentials ones. The products is called Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60. From what I understand, you must have the other essential aminos before it can be asorbed. This shake has helped my son with fatigue issues. However, his body does not seem to be able to keep enough serotinon around, so the doctor has upped his Zoloft.

I have Hashimoto's but normal thyroid levels. Go figure.

I tried tyrosine but didn't notice any effects. But, I noticed that I feel an energy boost if I take DLPA (pre-cursor for tyrosine) and tyrosine together. BUT the boost only lasts for the first couple of days and then stops. Subsequent doses or higher doses never made a difference. Neither DLPA or tyrosine worked alone for me but worked together. I used Solgar brand.

tc ... d

• 1 month later...