Trying Piracetam (Brain Drug) For The First Time Today...

khaarina

I got my order of Piracetam in today from Cerebral Health. I just took my first dose (5 grams). This is a higher dose than many reccommend but I did a lot of research and I am comfortable starting at 5 grams. I got it in powder form because it is cheaper (100 grams for $10 +$7 shipping) and mixed it in a little Kool-Aid. It was absolutely discusting. I eventually had to wash it down with food to get rid of the taste. Anyway, I know that a lot of you are interested in learning more about nootropics due to our brain fog and vascular issues so I will keep you updated.

Just took my third dose. I haven't noticed any significant improvements, no side effects either...well, headaches, but I was having those already. I did read that it can take up to a month to start noticing the effects. Not sure how accurate that is, but I plan to at least finish the whole 100 grams before I decide whether or not to keep taking it. Will post back soon. In the meantime, has anyone else here tried Piracetam? I would be interested to hear about your experience while I decide if it is worth the money to keep taking it.

I ended up changing my dose from 5g twice a day to 2.5g three times a day because I experienced what I believe to be a crash. About 3 hours after taking 5g I fell into a sudden depression. It was gone when I woke up the next day though and I haven't had the problem since I adjusted the dose. I haven't noticed any other negative side effects. As far as positive effects: it is difficult to say. I have found it is easier to hold a conversation, but that could be a placebo effect. I also seem to have more mental energy. I want to do more things, be more productive. I still haven't gotten used to the taste. I tried mixing it in greek yogurt once, bad idea. Better to mix it with liquid so you can get it down fast.

Just took my third dose. I haven't noticed any significant improvements, no side effects either...well, headaches, but I was having those already. I did read that it can take up to a month to start noticing the effects. Not sure how accurate that is, but I plan to at least finish the whole 100 grams before I decide whether or not to keep taking it. Will post back soon. In the meantime, has anyone else here tried Piracetam? I would be interested to hear about your experience while I decide if it is worth the money to keep taking it.

I took Piracetam for a while in 2010 as part of a lucid dreaming experiment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piracetam#Piracetam_and_lucid_dreaming

I found that it helped me concentrate and work better. I believe the dosage was 5,000mg/day, split into two separate doses.

Interesting,

I was looking at this a while back. It can help with Temporal Lobe Epilepsy, is used for Raynaulds which I was getting with my POTS, and can help the Electron Transport Chain - and I have a biopsy diagnosed defect there ( ETC Complex 3 ) I never took it though. Too many other things to try on the list first.

Good luck. Wikipedia does say doses higher than 5, and does say divided 3 times daily.

I took Piracetam for a while in 2010 as part of a lucid dreaming experiment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piracetam#Piracetam_and_lucid_dreaming

I found that it helped me concentrate and work better. I believe the dosage was 5,000mg/day, split into two separate doses.

Did you feel the effects the day you started, or did it take a while? Were you confident it was the Piracetam and not a placebo effect? I'm still iffy. I think it might be helping, but the results are vague and difficult to identify.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...