Suggestions For Flares During Menstrual Time

Joann

Any suggestions that will help during these times? This past month, I had been managing my symptoms somewhat well (my new normal, anyways) and then this time of month came. Now I am really struggling again. I know what my PMS symptoms are and it is in addition to those.

I am extremely fatigued, I mean I cannot keep my eyes open, I am also having more of my POTS pain symptoms and oddly enough feeling extremely fearful or anxious, for no reason. As usual, most of my symptoms are on the left side, but especially just above the hip both on the front of torso and on the back. Not sure if this is the area of kidneys or what? I am drinking plenty of water and powerade, but as usual when I feel bad I have no appetite. And having more of the twitching, and electrical shock feelings off and on.

Would some vitamin or mineral be helpful? or is it a hormone that I just need to wait it out?

Khaarina,

My gyn will not put me on bc because of my high blood pressure spikes, he is concerned with strokes and blood clots. :(. I had wondered if that could have helped some of my problems, but nope. Glad it is helping you somewhat. I guess I should have said that most of the time I am having high bp problems and not low bp.

Hate this! Yesterday, I started to feel a little better and thought maybe I was not going to flare too bad. Woke up last night, worse than I have in a long time. BP was high, but oddly enough my heart rate was low, and that never happens.First I was sweating and head pressure and all that fun stuff, and then I was shivering like crazy. This morning it was getting better and was feeling a bit better. Took one of my meds and now feeling bad again. Is it from the meds or just coincidence. So tired of trying to figure this out. Now I am getting this burning feeling in the back of my throat off and on. But I think if it was Gerd it would happen if I was lying down, it is happening out of the blue when sitting and standing.

I think I have some type of dysautonomia, but thinking it is something other than pots. None of the symptoms makes sense or go together.