How Common Is A Long Q-T Interval With Dysautonomia?

ACsMom

Does anyone know how common long Q-T Syndrome is with dysautonomia? I read yesterday that the Q-T interval lengthens during bradycardia. Don't know if an EKG a couple of years ago showed a borderline long Q-T interval because she was in an episode of bradycardia. Just poking around to see if this is common with dysautonomia.

Not sure about dysautonomia specifically, but with anorexia nervosa, both long Q-T intervals and bradycardia are very common, particularly with severe cases. Long QT intervals seem to scare cardiologists quite a bit.

I'm not even sure what a long QT is, however, when I was reading about a new medication (lexapro) that I was supposed to have start several weeks back but haven't yet, the warnings/precautions kept saying that it can cause "long QT intervals". I don't want to not read and go into something unknowledgable but at the same time, reading stuff like that makes me not want to take things.

I guess I'm thinking lexapro and maybe similar medications could cause them! just an idea. not sure if they are common for dysautonomia though.

The pcp mentioned that the Q-T interval/rate is adjusted for the heart rate. So, I think that the ECG can record a long QT interval but when it is adjusted for the hr, it is no longer long QT. Good grief. Sometimes, I just get overwhelmed with all of the variations, etc. Life experience sure is a tough way to learn our way to a medical degree ;)