My Ideas For New Simple Autonomic Testing

Hey Everyone,

#1. I don't know if they do this anywhere, except maybe at a neuro or regular biofeedback lab. But why don't they test us with noise or while watching an action movie or while we sing or try different foods or smell things? I don't what it will prove but it's definitely not being explored enough and it's a huge reason for our symptoms so why not?

#2. A thermographic camera or infrared camera- in medicine its called thermography. I've been wondering is they can use ultrasenative thermals to be able to spot thermal regulation problems.

What you guys think?

I don't see this being used in regular practices, but I do see large applications for this in the research labs. It'd be simple to implement, probably easier than snot to get a grant for too. Just need to find a doctor who is willing to give it a try (good luck on that one).

Re: #2- are you talking about using the the camera while performing activities in #1? Otherwise, it almost sounds like what you're describing in #2 might be the thermoregulatory sweat test they do at places like Mayo in Rochester.

What clinical data are you suggesting is collected during battery of tests listed on #1?

Re:#2: this sounds like the Thermoregulatory Sweat test offered ay Mayo and Cleveland Clinic. But Rich, I know you know about that test so you must be thinking about something different.

I haven't looked into all of Mayo's and Clevelends testing in awhile. i remember seeing a video where one of the clinics put people in a clear box/room and heated it up. I don't recall them using thermography but like I said it was a long time ago that I looked. As far as I know the thermo sweat test is with the powder that changes color..

But if they are using Thermography in the hot box, I don't understamd why they would need to heat it up. Normal conditions should be perfectly fine. There is also a technique called Kirlian photography that might apply

Yes, that's the one with the powder. As you probably know they heat it not to look at the body's resting temp but the body's ability to cool itself when heated, an autonomic function.

I was supposed to have this done but due to a scheduling problem I did not have it done at CC. The only other place I know that does it is Mayo, MN. Have tried to find other locations but to no avail. Actually doesn't matter much- I know I sweat abnormally and can't tolerate the heat. When I work out the only place I consistently sweat is the inside of my elbows. Funny...

They usually use thermography to detect breast cancer but they warn that its not an early detection system for that. A lot of alternative medicine practitioners use it but it also has allopathic uses so I think it would apply in both cases for us. And I think which modern computers analysis it could be tinkered with to be ultra sensitive enough to be useful..

What an interesting thought! It could evolve into a sort of dysautonomia Olympics :) The 10 yard dash surrounded by men wearing "axe body spray", (this makes the floor go up and down for me!), a 2 minute stand and sway with the noise of a vitamix going (makes my scalp tingle and dizziness follows), walking a simple obstacle course in a dimly lit room with the "action" movie Ice Age in the background (a true recent experience at my daughter's school movie night - the movie coupled with the kids playing with flash lights almost paralyzed me! I had such a difficult time planning and taking each step. It was as if my system turns itself down to tune out all the over stimulation!)

Wishing you all a relatively easy day ...

What an interesting thought! It could evolve into a sort of dysautonomia Olympics :) The 10 yard dash surrounded by men wearing "axe body spray", (this makes the floor go up and down for me!), a 2 minute stand and sway with the noise of a vitamix going (makes my scalp tingle and dizziness follows), walking a simple obstacle course in a dimly lit room with the "action" movie Ice Age in the background (a true recent experience at my daughter's school movie night - the movie coupled with the kids playing with flash lights almost paralyzed me! I had such a difficult time planning and taking each step. It was as if my system turns itself down to tune out all the over stimulation!)

Wishing you all a relatively easy day ...

Haha made me laugh and smile thnx!