How's this for bad

morgan617

B) So went to see the orthopedist this morning because the pain in my left groin is getting rather unbearable. X ray fine of course, but he says I walk and look like I have an avascular necrotizing joint. :P So now I need an mri. :o I hate mri's. It is when you lose blood supply to a joint and the pain is in the groin area. What next....oh yea, I went to P.T. and he says I'm in too terrible of shape to have P.T.! So I am soooo deconditioned they can't find anything that doesn't make me worse. For crud sake. He says maybe down the road I will feel a little better and we can try again. How depressing is that, that you're too bad off for P.T. He is the 4th one I've been to and they all say the same thing. Well, argh, I guess it's a good thing I'm on vacation down here in the canyon, or I might be upset by all of this.....Has anyone ever noticed when it snows on us, it dumps about 100 feet at a time.....morgan P.S. I absolutely refuse to drink or inject my own urine..... :(

I'm truly shocked they would say you are too bad off for PT. I really don't see how that can be...I say search for another PT and do some massage. Did you ask them what happens if somebody is paralyzed or has been in a coma for months? Those people are going to be far weaker than us...They can certainly work with them. I just don't understand how they can not help somebody that needs the PT. That's the whole point!

Are there any places in the area that do pilates and physical therapy? That might be another option. Good luck!

Hey Morgan..don't be discouraged by what the PT said! I used to work with them all the time when I was a Speech Therapist. I think maybe what they mean is that right now ACTIVE physical therapy would only do you harm..(ie..like trying to run before you can walk). You may want to ask them if they can create a plan for you to do assisted and/or active range of motion exercises (ROM) at home. These are basically stretching, contracting, and extending your muscles. From what I remember...ROM therapy was usually done for inpatients to prevent muscle atrophy and contraction and to build up to more aggressive therapy. I don't recall it being something they did a lot for outpatients though.

Here's wishing you brighter days ahead love!! :angry:

PS. Urine...huh..I think I'll stick with my Propel..although I've heard it can be used as bleach once it's sat for awhile...but I wouldn't want to drink bleach either.

How can someone have the gall to take your money after telling you to drink your pee!!!! :angry: Yea, wareagle, he was really nice about it and said, now is just a bad time because of my body, but to try the really basic stuff at various times and if the time came I could do those things, to give him a call. It was just sort of depressing to be told you're too unfit for therapy. GOSH, as napolean dynamite would say. I used to love massages and got them when ever I could afford them, but find now they tend to make me really sick, even tho I drink a ton of water afterwards. I can't drink stuff with sodium because of my meneires. Guess I'm too toxified right now or something, gosh.....

Dear Morgan, I also had horrible groin pain and myob/gyn sent me to a surgeon. He told me it was from my sciatica pinching a nerve that was causing the pain. My sister had the same problem and hers is a disc problem in her lower spine. Find another orthopedic doctor or even a chiropractor. That helped me and the pain went away. Linda

Hi linda, I feel he's covering what he should. He's knows I've got a bad back too, the symptoms are such that he really wants to rule this out. I do too. Then I'll deal with it being something else. I can only handle one thing at a time with this peanut brain. I have left sided pain a lot, from an ovary, but this is totally different than my back pain or ovarian pain has been. Thanks though. morgan

Guest tearose

Makes you wonder how much worse it can get when you are turned away for PT...

I like that range of motion suggestion. Can you do that?

When I was having bad lower left pelvic floor pain one thing they looked for was an obturator hernia (sp?) anyway, it wasn't that, it was pelvic collapse. Did they check this for you?

Hang in there, sending you well wishes, tearose

Morgan,

as you may know, my PT also told me she can't do anything for me anymore just give me massages and treat my back and neck problems. She suggested my familydoc and me to go to a rehabilitationcentre so that they can work with me several times a day during some minutes at a time. My new dysautonomiadoc is going to do some tests and after we've done every possible test, we are going to talk about the rehab. Meanwhile my PT helps me with treatment and compliments me for doing some feet exercises in my recliner. So when you're ready: we are going to work on our feet together in the recliner and do some arm movements while they hang down. Exercising is important, so let's just try to do what we are able to. Don't give up Morgan, we have son's to take care of!!!!

Love, Corina

Thanks for the input guys! Yea when he first told me, my thought was well how bad is that. I do try to get up and move around quite a bit. I'm not supposed to do a lot till my MRI comes back okay. We finally got a recumbent bike and it's being delivered today! I am hoping it will help both my son and I and I won't be falling off anything. My balance is not the greatest, just ask my 4 broken toes... :blink: I do lie on the floor and do stretching. What I have tended to see is that most P.T. people just don't get I totally lack any strength and my legs shake like jello just doing leg lifts. The last three I've gone to haven't even done an exam, which I think is kind of weird. How do you know what a person can and can't do, if you don't check it out? There is a rehab place here, but not sure my pcp would know what to order. I did try yoga, but it kills that stupid groin, even on the most basic levels. I really wonder what's going on in my back at this point. But will take it one step at a time I guess, so to speak...morgan

Morgan,

I would suggest your PCP order cardiac rehab... (I think that's what it's called)..and Range of Motion therapy..there are two kinds of ROM..assisted is when another person guides your limbs..and active is when you're strong enough to do it with little or no assistance. Hope this helps..and I hope that you're back and groin start to feel better soon!

Part of my balance problem is due to my inner ear disorder, so it's kind of a double whammy. But feel free to send me what you have steph, I'd appreciate anything at this point.

Wareagle, I hadn't thought of cardiac rehab before. What the last therapist did tell me, is that what I really need is passive manual therapy, not stuff I'm attempting to do myself. I did have one that was so thorough, but then she kept sending me to a guy that does this holistic non touch thing and it didn't help at all. I kept telling her and I really don't have the money to pay copays for someone to uuuhhhmm over my body and have it not help. She said I was the most profoundly weak person she'd seen that was still able to walk, and then she wouldn't listen to me. Needless to say, I have been pretty bummed by the responses to p.t. as they seem to correlate with some of the docs I've seen. I'm all for alternative methods, if they help, but don't have the money for stuff that doesn't. I think what I really need is just ROM right now and I can teach the old hubs that, since I did it forever as a nurse. Funny how you don't think of these things in terms of yourself.... morgan

Morgan..I cant's stop laughing at the thought of someone doing non-touch "physical therapy"...and chanting...all at the same time...how DID you keep a straight face? :P

Before anyone gets offended..I have nothing against alternative and Eastern medicine..the visual just made me laugh...

BYW..did he offer you urine to drink while he strengthened you muscles through humming? :angry:

Okay..I'm starting to get loopy..

I didn't know you had been a nurse..I'm sure you'll have no problems teaching your hubby the ROM..good luck..I hope things start to improve for you!

Thanks for the laugh!!!