Roller Coaster

DSM3KIDZ

My life feels like a roller coaster. I will have a few days/weeks where I feel completely normal B) except for my plain diet I have no problems. My stomach is not nauseated, no crazy heart rates,no headaches, I can keep up with my kids, exercise (long walks and weights) clean house and every other normal thing you can think of. I do not over do it during these times in fear or relapse. And than out of no where I'll wake up sick again. :P Nausea, fatigue, sometimes headaches, depression, anxiety and just plain crappy feeling and this will last for 2-3 months

Is this normal? I am thankful for my up times but if this has to do with autonomic nerves than why do they work sometimes and than take a break than work again?

Everytime I hit a good streak i feel I hit recovery and get so excited. So I guess more than anything my emotions are do up and down from feeling good than bad.

Dayna :(:o

This condition definitely has a tendency to wax and wane. Some patients are able to identify and avoid triggers. But I think for many people, they don't notice any particular triggers associated with relapses/worsening of symptoms. During these down times, it's good to know what remedies help you so you have something to turn to to help relieve your symptoms. For many people, increasing fluids and electrolytes, especially salts, is effective.

It's great that you exercise--that should also help keep symptoms at bay during the difficult episodes.

As far as the emotional component, I think it helps to keep in mind when you feel bad--that it is going to pass! But, I know it is hard, especially if depression and anxiety creep in.

take care,

Katherine

i have that rollercoaster. because there are times when i feel better so then feeling yucky and having normal functions snatched away from u again is HARD! because when i am feeling pretty well, i don't think that i have or think about having a condition. and then i'm like, "will it ever go away?" when i get yucky. it's better than always feeling yucky but it is like teasing us. Sorry. it is really annoying tho.

i'm praying for you, though.

yeah, i ask myself and everyone asks me "what were you doing differently?"

Most of the time, i have NO idea. i guess if i had the time to pick apart my life, i might find some trends, but...i want to spend time living and not feeling sooo sick.

so, good luck. i wish i could make the rollercoasters stop, but I can't. But i know it is really upsetting when u have functions snatched away from you and u don't know what caused it and u try to ignore it but can't and that just makes matters worse because it's like trying to ignore having a few flu's at once....

HUGS!

love,

sun

Guest tearose

Hi Dayna!

What is normal anyway? :angry:

Actually, you are describing what I think is normal for people with a dysfunctional autonomic nervous system. :)

So, however you need to call it, if a roller coaster works for you then use it! Forget about the fact that you are up or down and try to learn to enjoy the ride. Feel the breeze on your face at the highest fastest times and appreciate the deep and the quiet of the down side...

I too notice that my life is no longer predictable and I have learned the art of surviving that. I always have a back up plan, or two. I take my tasks and break them down into smaller more manageable pieces. You can learn how to live a life of quality and peace in spite of the many challenges.

I have seen over the years, that a cold or virus or overwork or fatigue will make me more symptomatic and that if I want to avoid a big crash/ spell/fall into the hole...I must take immediate action and rest up.

Fasten your seat belt, pull the safety bar down in front of you and get ready for the ride of your life!

best regards, tearose