Endocrinologist

Amy

2 weeks ago when I was hospitalized the last test that was done was ordered via endocrinologist checking adreline level. I want to know why go to this doctor. What are we looking for? The cause of pots, relief of a particular symptom or what? I am just learning about all of this. I did ask my cardio doc are we sure my blacking out is due to POTS and he assured me yes. After breaking my nose and my orbitz I have real fear of hurting myself if I faint. As I mentioned in another place since I am also fused from C3-C7 in my neck I also work about a spinal cord injury if I fall. So I want to feel 100% confident of the cause.

Amy, welcome. Yes an endocrinologist looks at adrenaline levels, hormone levels, insulin levels, that sort of thing. Things that might be wrong in your adrenal glands which control all kinds of things, like heart rate bp and stuff. They will also look at your thyroid levels. They do some pretty specific testing a gp or internist or cardiologist might not think of. Good luck and sorry about the nose and orbits. Geeez, welcome to potsholes....morgan