Chills and Sweats?

poslisa

I've been experiencing chills and then sweating pretty bad with them. Does anybody else experience this with POTS? It only started in the past couple of days and I'm wondering if it is because we added Florinef to take along with the Proamatine. My heartrate has been running in the 130's lately but the past couple of days will go from 130 down to the 80's and this is when I experience the cold sweats. Since I'm new to be diagnosed with POTS I wasn't sure if this is something that is common. Thanks for you input.

Lisa

Hi Lisa and welcome. What you are experiencing could absolutely be apart of POTS. The autonomic nervous system controls all our bodily functions down to temperature regulation. I often deal with chills even when I am warm and I will get hot flashes if I am cold especially at night I wake up in a cold sweat. It's very annoying but it's just another thing I have to get used to with POTS. Hope I helped you a bit... Sandy

Lisa,

This does sound common- I too have experienced chills alternated with hotflashes and cold sweats. I'm not sure if the Florinef has anything to do with it, but I definitely know I got chills a lot when I was taking Pro-Amatine, from the vasoconstriction effect. Now, I am no longer taking it, but I still get the worst shakes when I am feeling nauseated, for some reason. And when I have been on my feet too long, I break out in a cold sweat, even though I am burning up. I'm sure it's all related . . .