Does Anyone Have Experience With/seen/know Anything About Cc Doc Dr. Steven Shook And/or High Catecholamines During A Tilt Table Test?

trice125

I went to the Cleveland Clinic the week before Christmas for an appointment with Dr. Jaeger and three days of testing. I was orginally supposed to go back in the middle of February for hemodynamics testings along with a follow up appt with Dr. Jaeger but I've been fighting the flu and bronchitis the last two months so my appointment has been pushed back to the end of April to give me enough time to get over all of this nastiness. While I'm there this time though I am scheduled to see a CC neurologist Dr. Steven Shook but I haven't been able to find much info about others experiences with this doctor.

Also, during my tilt table test done at the CC in December my Catecholamines after being standing for 30 minutes were very high. I asked my local doctors and have tried to research it online but I haven't been able to find anything?

check out this article - it discusses hyper POTS - patients with high serum catecholamine levels - over 600pg/mL serum norepinephrine on standing.

the full article is available for free - just click on the 'free full text' link right under the Abstract

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21947988

Hope this helps,

Alex

Trice,

my bad... Top right hand side of the page, there is a blue and white rectangle that reads full text available at www.cardiologyjournal.org. If you click on that you should be able to access the full text version.

Alex