Results From Immunologist Work Up. Ebv Titers Still Through The Roof!

Kris4444

I'm surprised they didn't just do this in your doctors office. Did she tell you to just go to a pharmacy for the vaccine? I'd think they'd want better controls then that.

Yeah, there are different kinds of vaccines and they want certain types to monitor ---so hope all goes well.

Issie

My neighbor redeemed herself and apologized with tears in her eyes. All is forgiven.

Yes she said to do it at the pharmacy or my doctors office. I don't want to take time off work for the doctor so I did it at the pharmacy. She wrote a prescription so I don't see what the problem would be.

As I read this thread I am simply amazed at the knowledge many of you have about immunology. I am so thankful for the wisdom gained on this site.

Regarding Mast Cell issues a couple of thoughts come to my mind.

- Kris, you mention they found mast cells in your colon. Did they find a "proliferation" of mast cells in your colon, meaning more than the normal amount? Because we have mast cells located throughout the body in all the connective tissues and they are found in greater numbers in areas of the body such as the GI tract, eyelids, mouth, etc. (any area that comes into contact w the environment.)

In the study of MCAS Dr. Afrin and other docs have found proliferations of the Mast cells in the GI tract instead of the bone marrow. This was really one of the keys to convincing the "old school" thinkers that a systemic mast cell condition outside of Systemic Mastocytosis or Mast Cell Lukemia actually exists. And, there are lab tests now that can prove MCAS but it is hard to get them done by docs who are not currently studying MCAS simply because they lose their metabolites so quickly that if not drawn and handled properly you will get innacurrate readings. And those that mentioned it above are absolutely right. Your doc contradicts herself when

saying she doesn't think it is a mast cell issue when suggesting you eliminate the Noxema and NASIDS. As a side note, I react strongly to both of those and many chemicals.

As far as your husband, I know it is so hard. I think we should have a special forum for spouses and caregivers. One of the most helpful things for me was having my husband go with me to see Dr. Thompson. He talked w my hubby, Nate, about his role in helping to care for me and the need for him to recognize this is very real and it will require his patience. Do you have a doc that might be able to help him understand his role in this journey? Something about hearing it from a doctor really seems to help.

God bless.

Kelly the GI doctor copied me on an email between himself and the pathologist. The pathologist said that yes there were "occasional" mast cells seen but they don't know what the parameters were to say if there were too many. They said that we are all exposed to allergens so it's not uncommon to find them in a GI biopsy.