A Simple Explanation

Altruism

I saw my cardiologist after doing MILLIONS of tests, MRIs, CT scans, cathecholamines, 24 hour sodium urines, standing/supine NE, TTT, autonomic testing, etc... All but the TTT came back normal. So, my new doctor has this very simple theory - why bother finding the cause and keep testing? I have POTS, my results are ok. It's trauma-induced. My body is super sensitive to the otherwise normal levels of catecholamines that I have. Could this be the answer? If calming down our ANS helps it adjust to the cathecolamine levels, then POTS should get better... Right?

he calls my condition idiopathic pots. therefore my pots is an idiot.

LOL! :lol:

Altruism - some people find the underlying cause of the POTS, but many don't. I think it's up to the individual to decide whether to keep hunting or just accept the situation and find a way to manage it. I've struggled with this myself and every so often, I think WHY am I doing this... all these Doctors, all these tests and I'm really getting no closer to answers. At the same time, I find it incredibly difficult to accept the situation as is. As far as medication, what should work in theory, doesn't always. I think it's just trial and error, until you find the right one/ones for you.