Salt?

Thanks for bumping this up. Has anyone been able to find the original studies? I would like to read them if it could be posted. I'm going to ask our cardiologist about this, maybe he has seen the study.

• 3 weeks later...

I can't see what Rama posted :((

It makes sense to me to have a urine sodium check.

I've always been a healthy eater and a never ate much in the way of salt. Particularly processed foods. I actually don't like sweets much and growing up desert was fruit. It's unnatural for me to salt my foods.

Something for some of to keep in mind is that we often are thirsty (or it's a syptom for me). Even if your blood volume is normal, drinking copious amounts of plain water can be a bad idea. I'm supposed to only drink 50% plain water.

I feel best when I drink pedialyte- which I think tastes nasty btw.

A 24 hour urine is a good idea to see if you need to tweak your salt ;).

Thanks so much Issie- You were sweet to take the time to share :)

I am so surprised that the jump was made from Fast food to salt!

I don't eat fast food (or feed it to my children)... But not because of the salt.

My pots is most likely autoimmune and I have a niece who was diagnosed with type 1 and ra before the age of 3. Salt was not an issue- maybe a genetic tendency for autoimmune though :(

I think there could very likely be a genetic component that predisposes us to things. Then there seems to be so many things pointing to autoimmune issues ---with inflammation coming up real close to a tie with it.

However, we can protect ourselves and prevent things --the better. Knowledge is POWER. I'd rather KNOW and make informed decisions ---than find out later and wish I'd known.

Issie