Had A Moment Today...

Mytwogirlsrox

Just wondering what y'all think. I had an "anxiety attack" today, I was feeling dizzy then it came on.. Heart racing , legs turning to jello etc.. However, afterwards I was so HOT for like an hour I was vasodialated in my hands/ arms and soo hot. Usually I'm cold. Not sure what to think ?!?

I started nursing school, and today was day 2 of clinicals so I know stress really got me going BUT why the hot feeling? I'm worried my BP was super high ( I don't know why, I don't have high BP or Hyperpots) I just thought maybe my BP spiked and my body was compensating by vasodialating?

Thanks

Hi Rox,

I get those 'anxiety attacks' when I stand too long (along with my OI) but I also get them when I'm sitting with my feet down for a prolonged period of time. Were u sitting like that, maybe? I also became very hot and flushed in an airconditioned room but I'm always feeling overheated except for the very occasional 'freezing' feeling (that's rare). It's not a big leap from feeling overheated to flushed and feeling very hot and sweating profusely for me.

I waited for three hours to see the doc a couple of weeks ago and ended up having 2 'anxiety attacks' (before I was diagnosed with POTS my misdiagnosis was panic disorder) during that time. I should have gone but I persisted because I needed my prescription for meds. Those 'anxiety attacks' can often lead to long lasting breakthrough migraine pain in my case. They did that day.