Episodes Of Sinus Tachycardia

Jacquie802

Hi guys, just wondering what helps with episodes of sinus tachycardia. I can't tolerate beta blockers so I'm wondering if vasovagal maneuvers can help with that or is the vasovagal maneuvers only helpful with SVT...? Guess I'm just wondering what helps with those of you who have episodes of sinus tachy. Thanks!

Jacquie,

the maneuvers help me sometimes, not always though - all my tachy episodes that were documented were sinus tachy, so I have reason to suspect SVT.

Did your dr teach you how to perform those safely? My understanding is that you should have a dr's approval for those in order to be on the safe side.

Alex

you can look up online the following:

valsalva maneuver

carotid sinus massage

dipping one's face in ice cold water

These are all physical maneuvers a dr can demonstrate and/or explain to you. My understanding is that you should NOT attempt any such techniques though, unless your dr/cardiologist has approved them as there might be risks associated with them.

A cardio dr I've seen took some time to teach me what/how to do, and there is nothing too complicated about any of them, it's just that they are not 100% 'bullet proof'.

Alex

I also heard if its sinus tach then vasovagal maneuvers won't help. I have both SVT and have episodes of sinus tachy. Just wondering what can help with the sinus tach episodes..