Numbness In Legs - Low Blood Pressure?

peregrine

I'm finding that since upping my dose of clonidine from 0.1mg twice daily to 0.15mg twice daily, my legs get numb (pins and needles, the way limbs often fall asleep) very quickly (within minutes) when I sit crosslegged or with my legs stretched out in front of me (lower than the heart at all times when I sit, to be clear). As with the last time I increased my dose, I am having the usual 2 weeks of nasty hypotension (I normally range 110/70 to 140/90 and I am down at 80/45 consistently now; I haven't passed out but am very, very tired). Could these be linked? Does hypotension cause this? It's theoretically not a side effect of the clonidine directly, but could this be an indirect result? Not painful, just annoying. I do probably have small fiber neuropathy, but this is happening so fast (within minutes) that I doubt it's due to that, and I haven't had this kind of issue before.

Edit - I haven't been wearing my stockings the last two days since I've been at home not standing all day (I don't tend to wear them when I am at home sitting down all day), but haven't had this happen in the past on no-stocking days; I don't know if wearing them would improve this or not. No obvious pooling, and if I were pooling I would almost certainly be able to tell.

I have chronic hypotension (80/60 average) and yes it causes extreme fatigue, and numbness in hands and legs. At times I have obvious pooling, but not always, yet still get the numbness- tingling sensation. I am not on clonidine, so don't know how that might affect things. Probably not much help, but I hope you get to feeling better soon.