Question About Hyperpots

Cmac3721

yeah i would say from what i understand stay off all meds possible before ttt or it can alter the test results. I don't know how long ativan (lorazepam stays in your system, depending on your weight/size/dose but what I have read says that the half-life is 4 hours (which is minimal compared to some benzos much higher such as klonopin) and that means that it will decrease by half every four hours, i.e. hypothetically, and i am not sure where they get this from is that if you take 1 mg, you will have .5mg in your bloodstream after 4 hours, .25 after 8 hours, .125 mg after 12 hrs, and .06 mg after 16 hrs, .03 after 20 hrs, and .015mg after 24 hrs., blah blah blah so I read on the internet. but just like any drug a lot has to do with the person, body mass, and perhaps how there body harbors or disposes of them.

don't know 2 much about lorazepam/ativan but i would ask your doc cuz stopping any benzo suddenly will increase your noroadreneric stuff which would most likely alter your true ttt results especially if you are examining NE levels, making it seem worse than just your normal body chemistry results due to withdraw. that being said, my cardio and my neuro dx'd me with hyper due to my symptoms, 2 week heart rate holter, what my blood perssure was doing, etc. I had autonomic testing done but I was on klonopin and all my test showed nothing 2 significant, but my cardio and my neuro confirmed it is hyperpots. prior to that I had to rule a bunch of stuff out which you probably have or will go thru. my dr's knew what i had based off of my notes and some experience and witnessing during consults...they thought the ttt out here (other than mayo which my insurance doesn't take) would be a waste of money.

Yeah I was already tested for regular pots which came back as mild cardio vascular wise but the gastro symptoms have been really hard on me, I was wondering if ativan could throw a diagnoses for specifically hyper-pots that it would lower the norepenphrine/ephinephrine so if I did have it. It would mask it, most doctors I talk to though say this isn't possible which doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Can ativan lower those levels?

I take klonopin as well which has a long half life(longer then advian), so even though I did not take one the morning of the test, I had taken one the day before so the medication was still in my system. I also had high NE levels with the klonopin in my system.

I remember when I had the test they had a list of meds you could and could not take and they made a detailed log of what I ate, drank and took for meds before the test. Did they not give you a list of dos and don'ts. It seems like every test I have for autonomic or cardio stuff they have a very specfic list for me.