A Positive Thought

Katybug

I just bought a plaque for my kitchen. The saying on it reminded me of all of us and I wanted to share the saying in hopes that it will help some of us get through the hard days. So here goes:

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Hope you are having a good day and you will keep this thought close at heart.

Katie

One of the things that I love about this forum is how encouraging and positive most everyone is. Thanks for sharing today.

The unusual thing is that we have one of the most difficult conditions to deal with because we face so many unknowns. There is no cause, no cure. Most local docs aren't well educated in it and the out of town docs who are don't have a magic bullet for us. Your quote is a good reminder about staying positive which is I think one of the most difficult part of our journey. One of my favorites is, "I don't understand why but I know God does. And I trust He has a purpose in all things.". When I talk with people in my life about my situation, diagnosis, etc. I almost always share this and then follow it with examples of how this difficult journey has been a blessing to me.

Here are a few ways:

- I'm now home everyday when my kids get home from school. Instead of being at work I'm almost always there for them.

- It has helped me really rearrange my priorities. I used to have many, now I have 3: God, my family and taking care of my health.

- In March, my husband calculated that we had 526 hrs in donated driving time from family and friends to take our kids to and from school and sports last Sept- March. We are so blessed by the love and support of family and friends.

(as a side note- I live in the same hometown where I grew up, my father and his father grew up. So I know that is rare- but I know that all of us have seen some positives in this storm, some ways we find ourselves "dancing in the rain.)

Nice thread Katie.

I wish I had the plaque from my mom's kitchen that said "Come in, sit down, relax, converse. My kitchen doesn't always look like this. Sometimes it's even worse." :) Reminds me not to stress about the fact that I can't keep up with all the things I used to do and I can't do them to the same standards that I used to have. BUT, I can still enjoy the company and love of my friends and family.

Keeping that positive attitude, as much as possible is critical in dealing with this I think. Of course, there are those days where I get totally overwhelmed by it all, but luckily, not too often- mostly due to having great support from the folks here who "get it" and my family and friends.