I Need Your Doctor Recommendation Please (Atlanta)

misstraci

I'm not sure if you can post here doctor names or need to send me a private message (rules, not sure). But I would really, really like a recommendation to a good physician in the Atlanta area. I honestly feel like I've seen so many people and I'm just really good at picking stinkers. I'm going in circles and feel like I'm back at step one again.

So, please, if you have a good general physician or cardiologist, neurologist, that you use or know of that you would highly recommend, please let me know. ALSO if you've seen some stinkers as well, give me a heads up of who not to go to.

I appreciate it.

Of course doctor recommendations are allowed to post! You are also allowed to mention doctors and add that you "didn't have a good experience with this doctor". But please do not elaborate on any negative experiences here at our forum as, according to the rules, we'd have to remove that.

I live in Atlanta, and have seen a lot of good doctors at Emory. Unfortunately, none of them specialize in Autonomic Dysfunction. I went to see Dr. Phillip Watkins in Birmingham, AL in October, and will be seeing him again later this month. He and his staff are very good. Dr. Watkins is a Cardiologist and is able to do most of the tests in his office. I have been able to make adjustments to my medications by email and phone, which is great since it is a bit of a drive to go to the office.

http://www.mvprolapse.com/

Tel. 334-209-2550 fax 331-209-2554

Advanced Cardiovascular
Dr. W. Ross Davis
868 N. Dean Rd.
Suite C
Auburn, AL 36830

I see Dr. William Ross Davis in Auburn Alabama, since ATL. has no one that is knowledgeable. It takes about 2 hours to get to his office. His nurse is amazing. I can send you her email if you would like to ask her any questions. They will have you go off all meds that affect heartrate and do all of the testing for you. They like to see their own results rather than have you bring your TTT results etc. They placed me on Ivabradine which is not yet available in the US and it is amazing for HR.

He specializes in Autonomic Dysfunction. I did go to the MVP center in Birmingham and was initially diagnosed there, but I LOVE Dr. Davis and his nurse is incredible!

Liz