Allergy Testing

Allotmenteer

Seems like it would be a good place to start. Can't say about the NHS referral since I'm in the states, but definitely think allergy testing would be appropriate.

I am from the UK and had a referal to a Immunologist on the NHS, if you ask to be reffered simply becuase you have POTS, its not a good idea to ask for referal on just those grounds. I said to my GP that i believe i have mast cell issues that i treat with anti histamine meds for my POTS, but that i also suspected i did suffer fro other allergies as i have seen an improvemt since being on them.

Its certainly worth having your immunity and allerg response checked by one as it could be another piece to your pots puzzle.

I had my tryptase blood taken at my local gp surgery, but its not a gold standard by any means for mast cell desease. I would ask to see a immunologist, it cant hurt.

Its totally worth it (I know nothing about your health system as I am in the state too but it can definitely give you info about your health that can improve you quality of life.) I have both severe classical allergies and MCAD. and they both need to be treated appropriately. Treating them hasn't taken me off the disabled list (yet) but it has given me a break from some of my symptoms. We are also still working on getting approval for more aggressive treatment from insurance. The long and the short is, you can't treat what you don't know about. If you are having allergic or anaphalactic reactions and you don't know to what it's important to figure it out so you can avoid that item.

Also someone mentioned that GI issues are starting up again after relief from avoiding food triggers. Keep in mind that food triggers can change. You may have eaten something all your life and suddenly become allergic so you may want to keep a food diary to help figure out if you have a new food trigger.