Low Venous Oxygen Saturation

Leigh8

I was reading the ER report from when I went to the ER for fainting a while ago, and saw that my venous oxygen saturation was low, at 52%. The normal range is 88-94%.

Does anyone know what this means?? They never said anything about it to me in the ER. But I have had constant lightheadedness for 5 years, and wonder if this could be why? This is the only time I've ever had the blood test for venous oxygen saturation, so I don't know what my values usually are.

Thanks!

I was reading the ER report from when I went to the ER for fainting a while ago, and saw that my venous oxygen saturation was low, at 52%. The normal range is 88-94%.

Does anyone know what this means?? They never said anything about it to me in the ER. But I have had constant lightheadedness for 5 years, and wonder if this could be why? This is the only time I've ever had the blood test for venous oxygen saturation, so I don't know what my values usually are.

Thanks!

***... are you talking about SaO2? It's supposed to be over 95% to be normal I thought. And below 94% is strange and below 88~ is hypoxia I think. There's no way it could be 52% and you be still alive I would have thought... Why they didn't comment on it I don't know. They commented on mine when it was only 95% and said it was a bit low...

Foggy - I think you are thinking of pulse oximetry. This is different, it is based on a blood test. I really don't know much about it, it just said "venous oxygen saturation". It's probably nothing, but I am just so desperate to find a solution to my health problems!!

That's interesting... If you find anything out, please let us know. I've been curious about this.