Low Blood Pressure While Sleeping?

khaarina

Based upon my symptoms upon waking, I believe I have low blood pressure while asleep. I know that the main concerns of hypotension are falling and fainting, which can't happen since I'm already lying down, but it is pretty disturbing to think that I might not be getting enough blood to my brain and other organs while I'm asleep. Plus, I feel absolutely terrible in the morning, even when I wake up naturally (without an alarm). I am currently being treated with Midodrine which is very helpful during the day, but I was instructed not to take it at night because it might cause high blood pressure while supine. Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas on how to treat it?

This was me. I also used hydrocortisone. No more than 20mg/day. I would salt and hydrate before I even got out of bed. Eventually after a short period on midrodine my BP began to stabilize. I have no clue why this started and pretty much no real clue why it ended. It can happen though ~ good luck

I drink alot of fluids before bed (of course I get up alot to pee) and drink a powerade and 20 oz of v-8 before even getting out of bed. I basically salt load and drink lots of fluids. If I don't drink fluids before bed I wake up dizzy, sweating, and tachy.