Cromolyn Sodium

Darlene

i just picked up some chromolyn sodium tonight. does $1,000 for a 24 day supply sound right? i have never taken this before, and not sure how to take this. the pharmacist gave me my meds and never said anything about it other then he has never give this to anyone before. i dont know if i should start out with a few vials, and work my way up or take 8 in one day as prescribed. it says to take 4 times a day a 1/2 hour before you eat. i wonder if its ok if you do not eat with the 4 th dose, the last dose you take before bed. if any of you have taken this, did u experience any side effects?

Mine was prescribed the same way. Mix it with water when you take it. I don't think you need to eat after the fourth dose. I started with one vial each time instead of two, but that was by mistake. Probably worked better for me, because 2 every time ended up being too much for me.

I think people who saw Dr. Afrin had a more structured way of starting on it, than my doc gave me.

My son sees Dr Afrin..he had us wean up slowly. One vial twice a day for a week, then four vials a day the second week. For the second week, it didn't matter if it was 2 vials twice a day or 1 vial 4 times a day, either way. Third week was 6 vials a day and the fourth week was 8 vials a day.

And yes, it was very expensive. Unfortunately it didn't help him. I still have a lot of that left, it is quite an expensive waste!