Tachycardia

micheller

I felt off all day yesterday. I haven't eaten in a week and haven't drank much so I know I'm really dehydrated. I'm not sure if this plays a role in what's going on. I ate half a crescent roll last night and within minutes my heart started pounding so hard I could feel it in my legs. I figured I'd wait it out and see if it went away. 4 hours later I decided to take my bp. That was 113/89 and my heart rate was 127 which is really high for both. My average hr is around 65. I sat down and waited a few minutes, took it again. I don't remember what my bp was but hr was 81. I stood up and checked it again, hr was 129. Now normally my bp and hr drops when I stand. I'm starting to feel it start to pound again. This is abnormal for me but I'm wondering if it could be connected to eating and mast. I go through phases where I can eat very very small amounts of bland for a day and then it's days and days of no eating but the tachy is new. What can I do the next time it happens? I fired my neurologist so I'm searching for a new one.

Michelle,

Not eating for a week and not drinking enough fluids alone would mess up any one's hr/bp. Your body is in starvation mode. Please I encourage you to eat something. A crossiant is high in fat and may be harder to digest after a week of no food. I'd start with chicken broth, mashed potatoes, or nuke a potatoe. You've got to feed your motor.

If you are having trouble eating, maybe go see a gi doc. I see you did have a rupture. I had one too! Did they figure out why that happened?

Does it matter what you eat? Breads, pastas, legumes, steak and other "heavy/comfort" foods will give me similar symptoms. The worst have been after eating these things. I have to stick to lighter foods - fruits and vegetables and my body handles them a lot better. Do you think if you ate something like a carrot, or mixed greens, that you'd have the same reaction?

"I fired my neurologist"

- Best wording ever!