Unsulphered Black Strapp Mollasses And Klor-Con?

k&ajsmom

Hi,

After some experiences from others and research I got some mollasses to try for my tachy. I have brady at night sometimes so I didnt wanna anything heavier and I love mollasses anyways due to growing up very southern lol.

I am on Klor-con 20 meqs a day to counteract my florinef and pre-florinef hypovalemia. this keeps my K at around 4.1.

Mollasses has approximatley 600 mg of k per serving, which is 1 tbsp.

So my question is....how much mollasses to consume on a daily basis for tachy? and how will this effect my k levels?

Also, any good recipes to consume it, other than cookies..nom nom..i dont need anymore cookies lol maybe some tea of some sort? Im not a creative cook...lol

thx so much and happy new years eve

I don't have tachy so I don't know how much to use but it's good to know this might help.

It's a good source of iron too.

I'm not much of a cook either so I usually just eat it from the spoon. Lol. I've also mixed it in a bottle with water,

celtic salt, tiny bit of lemon juice and teeny tiny pinch of cayenne pepper for a quickie pick me up if I don't have time to make a smoothie.

Tc .. D

thx for tip dizzy, Thats a recipe I can handle lol yea the bottle I have says it is a significant source or k, iron and calcium, seems its an all around winner. I haven't tryed it yet by the spoon but a friend of mine just said she grew up eating it on grits and pancakes....yum just wish my tummy could handle pancakes...=( they always make me so sick...

Have you tried gf pancakes ? Regular wheat pancakes left me feeling sick too but these don't. I just got off a homemade GF teff pancake w / maple syrup and walnuts kick. YUM ... There are a lot of gf pancake recipes on the web. I make mine high protein ( for my hyperinsulinemia ) with flax, nut meal and egg yolks. Teff doesn't have gluten in it so I used xanthum gum to hold it together.

FWIW, if you decide to try the cayenne pepper recipe, you'll want to go easy on it. It's really potent in water. I got the idea from that famous cleanse program but I can't think of the name right now. (Master cleanse ? ) People drink this all day to keep going. Oops, I forgot it includes a tiny bit of lemon juice too.

Pamela makes a gf molasses cookie but I don't know how much molasses it actually has. It might help you come up with a cookie recipe tho ... tc ... d

I usually just take a swig of molasses from the bottle in the morning and before bed...I guess I'm getting about 2 T.

You can also mix it with warm milk...I never liked chocolate, so my mother would make that for me instead of hot cocoa.

Also, 600mg K = 15 mEq K ...talk to your doctor about how much dietary K you're getting, see where your levels are, and see if they want to adjust you suplementation.

Thx, f

I think I may wanna talk to my doc, cause thats a lot of pottassium, Im a little paranoid about getting too much with these pills but maybe I can lower my klor cons which would be nice, cause I hate them so much, its like drinking sand...blahhh much rather drink some mollasses.

Thx for the tip dizzy, I miss pancakes and that sounds yummy with the walnuts and so healthy. I must really be craving them cause I have managed to talk about pancakes on 2 seperate threads today lol so gonna have to make some...sooon!

• 2 weeks later...