First Tilt Table Tast.

imapumpkin

Today I had my first tilt table test.

I only had to do it for a few short minutes but it was really REALLY unpleasant, I don't know how any of you have done it for 20+ minutes-- I can't imagine that and i am SO sorry. There's just no other way to say it; It really ******. I only got about 4 hours sleep and was not very well hydrated because we had to drive into the city leaving home at 6 am and I didn't want to be stopping constantly to use the bathroom, so I didn't drink enough before and only had a granola bar to eat before hand. After the test my Dr put me in a wheelchair and told me to go to the cafeteria, eat, drink and do not get up for at least a half an hour.

Over an hour later I still felt terrible. Even getting up to use the bathroom after drinking a bunch of gatorade was a struggle. I don't pass out with my POTS but I feel like I was getting some pre-syncope for a long time after the test and had to be moved by wheelchair for the rest of the day. (And then of course I had to go to an appointment with the cardiac surgeon while feeling totally beat down physically and extremely anxious emotionally). My neurologist treating my POTS wants me to try Florinef but I can't go on it until after my surgery (to fix my mitral valve prolapse) because you can't be on it with a leaky valve.

I had no idea that the tilt table test made you feel like you've been through the ringer O.o.

Sorry you felt so stinky afterward. I went in feeling stinky that day so I couldn't tell the difference! Lol! I do know that it took me a few days to really recover after both my TTT...and of course by recover I mean getting back to my usual level of fatigue and pre-syncope. So please take extra special care of yourself the next few days.

Same exact thing happened to me! I could barely stand after my tilt table test. The doctor put me in a wheelchair and she sent me to the cafeteria to drink gatorade. Took me an hour or two to feel better. And by "better", I mean back to my baseline of being always lightheaded and on the verge of fainting!!

What were your TTT results? Hopefully you can get some answers and start feeling better soon :)

Basically confirmed what my cardiologist said 3 years ago....classic POTS. she's going to try and start me on florinef once i get my leaky mitral valve repaired which hopefully will help me feel loads better. I know it sounds silly but part of me was like "how different can a vertical table be from simply standing straight up?"

Very. Very. Different. I feel like I was a rubber band being stretched.

I know exactly how you feel. It took me about 4 days to fully recover from my ttt. I did pass out though, and I was up for at least half an hour I think, but either way the recovery is rough. Once we get potsy it can take days to recover, fainting or not. After my ttt I was worried there for a while that I might never recover, but of course I did and when the doc put me on Midodrine I felt sooo much better. So hang in there. Though it may be gradual, I am sure you will start feeling better soon.

I took mine the first week I had symptoms in August. I was only able to tolerate a few minutes and the outcome indicated that I probably have neurocardiogenic syncope. However, the blood pressure machine was spooling between the end of the test so the results weren't overly conclusive. Afterwards I was short of breath and seemed disoriented. I downed several cans of Gatorade and had several packs of crackers. The attending physician had me sent to the ER as I seemed out of it. The nurse grabbed an oxygen tank for me on the way to the ER and I started feeling better shortly afterwards. I felt better within an hour but had to sit there for several hours on a very busy day at the ER.

I hope I don't have to take that test again..