Vertigo Then Palpitations Or Palpitations Then Vertigo...

Jacquie802

Hi Everyone,

I haven't been on much lately as I have not been feeling great. I did a stay in the hospital that found my heart rate was going up into the 130s which would wake me up and I would have severe dizziness. I did have some vestibular problems earlier, so maybe the two were somehow related...? Anyhow, does anyone else have the vertigo and palpitations that seem to coincide with one another? My cardio said that my EKG read normal, but my hr was having spikes during the night time. He didn't really have any answers for me. I have been on Metoprolol was that made me feel severely fatigued...I am wondering what else there is to try. I do notice that I'll get the vertigo then my heart rate goes up and goes back down within a minute or two....I'm wondering if maybe the vertigo is causing my palps or the other way around...Anyone else have the same problems? Just tired of all of this :0( I know people on here understand, which is what I need right now. I'm feeling somewhat hopeless..

You may want to talk to your dr about trying a different beta blocker. I used to have dizziness and vertigo all the time, and now with my tachycardia regulated most of the time, and klonopin for sleep, I'm so much better. Have you ever had a sleep study? You may want to consider asking about that, too!! I have a Cpap machine for my apnea. You don't need to be going through all of this. There are medications and treatments for this. I hope you start feeling better. I know how vertigo can be. It's awful to feel that way!!

Edited by MomtoGiuliana
medical advice