Ehlers Danlos And Tendons

lumpchp

Does anyone with this also have problems with tendon degeneration? Just curious if this also affects the connective tissue in tendons. I have had two tendons in my foot simply degenerate without injury, and have suspected Ehlers for some time, it runs in my family. I've always been "double jointed" and constantly pop all over, and sadly I think my son is showing signs. He can bend in ways that make me cringe... Thanks for any input :-)

Yes yes yes! I have had tendinitis in both of my ankles- once in one and twice in other. I had no idea why because I only do light recumbent excercise. I don't think I have EDS though- I'm not flexible or double jointed anywhere.

I found out I had it after explaining the symptoms to my doctor and physical therapist. My PT looked at my hip and determined somehow it was the tendons. I don't do running either and never would exercise due to my CFS and POTS before the physical therapy. I would get pain just walking. It might depend on the severity of your collegan defficency. Not all EDS patients are affected to the exact same degree. My EDS isn't the most severe, but it's probably 4/10 on a scale if I had to rate it. It started in my teen years with subluxating knees and collapsing feet occasionally when walking. Those symptoms are mainly gone, except I still get subluxating knees if I'm crawling on the floor while cleaning or what not. My main problems now have been the tendons and chronic muscle and joint pains with arthritis. Then, some doctors say the POTS and CFS is related to the EDS. So a lot more complications now as I age towards 24. I would try going to your doctor and explaining your symptoms and see if physical therapy may be right for you and go from there.